1. In order to provide information services to the incoming tourists (Pre & Post arrival) and domestic tourists, the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India has setup a contact center / Tourist infoline.
2. This service will be available on the toll free number 1800111363 or on a short code 1363.
3. This will be operational 24X 7 (all days) in a year offering a “multi-lingual helpdesk” in the designated languages to provide support service in terms of providing information relating to Travel & Tourism in India to the domestic and International tourists/visitors and to assist the callers with advice on action to be taken during times of distress while travelling in India and if need be alert the concerned authorities.
4. The calls made by tourists (both international and domestic) while in India will be free of charge.
5. Besides English and Hindi, the service will be offered in ten International languages namely, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.